Most unit testing tutorials just show how to start writing basic unit tests. However, implementing unit tests in large enterprise architecture can’t be that simple. This training will guide you from basics to advanced, introducing students to unit, functional, and integration testing concepts.
Unit tests check system components individually, and integration tests act as concrete to verify integration between different parts of a system. Functional tests run on top of a PHP framework (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, Yii) and cover the system from the upside using public interfaces. We will also cover TDD, BDD, ATDD concepts to learn how to build tests before the code and design a scalable and testable application first.
We will have Codeception as the only tool to incorporate all levels of testing and provide a highly effective API for writing and maintaining PHP tests.
– Testing styles: blackbox and whitebox testing
– Different testing levels: unit / integration / functional
– Business specification to drive a test
– Testing domain logic
Testable Code & Architecture
– Writing testable code
– Test Driven Development (TDD)
– Data Providers
– Managing test dependencies
– Mocks and stubs
– Cyclomatic complexity and unit tests
– Refactoring legacy code
Integration & Unit Testing
– Testing business logic
– Integration tests vs. Unit tests: when each of them is used
– Handling external services in integration tests
– Test data management: factories and fixtures
– Collecting code coverage
API & Controller Testing
– REST API testing as functional tests
– Writing readable test scenarios
– Extending Codeception
We expect experienced PHP developers, middle & senior levels.
– PHP 7.0+ with Xdebug installed https://secure.php.net/downloads.php
– Git client https://git-scm.com/downloads
– Composer https://getcomposer.org/download/
– MySQL https://www.mysql.com/downloads/
– JetBrains PhpStorm or Netbeans as IDE https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/download/
– Codeception http://codeception.com/install
Our company works according to the principle of individual approach to every client. This method lets us get success in problems of all levels.
– Create unit test using TDD approach
– Build unit and integration tests for user registration
– Implement integration tests for a real application
– Functional tests for Laravel-based application
– REST API functional tests for Laravel-based application
Codeception founder and tech consultant.
Michael works for Codeception, CodeceptJS, and other open-source projects aimed to automate testing and make it easy and fun. By developing this product, he gathered experience from a wide range of companies and individuals who use Codeception.
He always tries to show the complete picture of testing. He believes that tests should be easy to read, write, and maintain.
Michael is also a frequent speaker at PHP (Dutch PHP, PHP Benelux, …) and Test Automation conferences.
10% discount for groups of 8 people or more
Within one week after the application, you will receive a confirmation email if you are approved. A maximum of 12 participants will be accepted.
If you would like to get in touch with us, send a note to email@example.com or follow us on Facebook for more updates and details. SDClabs accomplished 30+ projects and got a lot of niche expertise and knowledge. We are ready to share our experience to help you achieve more. Currently, we are working on test automation and DevOps courses. Soon they will be available on separate pages. Meanwhile, you can contact us if you want to start training:
Check out awesome courses
Let us help you take development and test automation further. We offer a number of trainings that can help you and your organization get the most out of our enterprise support. Request a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Agile testing
– Test automation introduction
– Unit testing with Codeception Bestseller
– Web test automation with Codeception
– Codeception Advanced New
– Testing legacy applications
– REST API testing with Codeception
– Full stack testing with Codeception Hot
– Web test automation with CodeceptJS
– CodeceptJS Advanced New
– Web test automation infrastructure