End to end or acceptance tests are very important for every application. The code can work perfectly but user still can see blank screen on a site. How to avoid this? This training teaches how to drive browsers via Selenium WebDriver; how to test complex UIs, and deal with single page applications. We will also cover ATDD and BDD practices to write specification and tests before the actual code. As a primary tool for web testing we use Codeception which allows to write tests effectively in by implementing high-level API. Such tests are easy to write, read and maintain. We will also cover how to manage data inside a test.
– Testing styles: blackbox and whitebox testing
– Levels of testing: acceptance, functional, integration, unit.
– Business specification to drive a test
– Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
– Basics of browser testing
– Selenium WebDriver and other testing tools.
Acceptance Testing Inside a Browser
– Using WebDriver module
– Writing basic test scenario
– Locating elements on page
– Locator strategies (CSS, XPath)
– Performing assertions
– Waiting for elements to appear
– Moving out common actions to Actor
– Reusing session between tests
– Multi-session browser testing
– Grouping actions into StepObjects
– Writing readable test scenarios
– Managing test data
– Reporters (XML, HTML, Allure)
– Extending Codeception
– Parallel execution
Codeception founder and tech consultant.
Michael works for Codeception, CodeceptJS and other open-source projects aimed to automate testing and make testing easy and fun. By developing his product he gathered experience from wide range of companies and individuals who are using Codeception.
He always tries to show the wider picture of testing. He believes that tests should be easy to read, write, and maintain.
Michael is also a frequent speaker at PHP (Dutch PHP, PHP Benelux, …) and Test Automation conferences.
10% discount for groups of 8 people or more
Within one week after the application you will receive a confirmation email only if you are admitted. A maximum of 12 participants will be accepted.
If you need to get in touch with us, send a note to email@example.com or follow us on facebook for more updates and details. SDClabs accomplished 30+ projects and accumulated a lot of niche expertise and knowledge. We are ready to share our experience to help you achieve more. Currently we are working on new test automation and devops courses. Soon it will be available here as separate pages. Meanwhile you can contact us if you want to get these trainings:
Check out awesome courses
Let us help you take development and test automation further. We offer a number of trainings that can help you and your organization get the most out of our enterprise support. Request a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Agile testing
– Test automation introduction
– Unit testing with Codeception Bestseller
– Web test automation with Codeception
– Codeception Advanced New
– Testing legacy applications
– REST API testing with Codeception
– Full stack testing with Codeception Hot
– Web test automation with CodeceptJS
– CodeceptJS Advanced New
– Web test automation infrastructure