End-to-end or acceptance tests are essential for any application. The code can work perfectly, but users still see a blank screen on a website. How to avoid this? This training teaches how to drive browsers using Selenium WebDriver, test complex UIs, and deal with single-page applications. We will also cover ATDD and BDD practices to write specifications and tests before the actual code. As a primary tool for web testing, we use Codeception, which allows us to write tests effectively by implementing high-level API. Such tests are easy to write, read, and maintain. We will also cover how to manage data inside a test.
– Testing styles: blackbox and whitebox testing
– Different testing levels: unit / integration / functional
– Business specification to drive a test
– Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
– Basics of browser testing
– Selenium WebDriver and other testing tools
Acceptance Testing Inside a Browser
– Using WebDriver module
– Writing basic test scenario
– Locating elements on the page
– Locator strategies (CSS, XPath)
– Performing assertions
– Waiting for elements to appear
– Moving out common actions to Actor
– Reusing session between tests
– Multi-session browser testing
– Grouping actions into StepObjects
– Writing readable test scenarios
– Managing test data
– Reporters (XML, HTML, Allure)
– Extending Codeception
– SImultaneous execution
Codeception founder and tech consultant.
Michael works for Codeception, CodeceptJS, and other open-source projects aimed to automate testing and make it easy and fun. By developing this product, he gathered experience from a wide range of companies and individuals who use Codeception.
He always tries to show the complete picture of testing. He believes that tests should be easy to read, write, and maintain.
Michael is also a frequent speaker at PHP (Dutch PHP, PHP Benelux, …) and Test Automation conferences.
10% discount for groups of 8 people or more
Within one week after the application, you will receive a confirmation email if you are approved. A maximum of 12 participants will be accepted.
If you would like to get in touch with us, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Facebook for more updates and details. SDClabs accomplished 30+ projects and got a lot of niche expertise and knowledge. We are ready to share our experience to help you achieve more. Currently, we are working on test automation and DevOps courses. Soon they will be available on separate pages. Meanwhile, you can contact us if you want to start training:
Check out awesome courses
Let us help you take development and test automation further. We offer a number of trainings that can help you and your organization get the most out of our enterprise support. Request a quote at email@example.com
– Agile testing
– Test automation introduction
– Unit testing with Codeception Bestseller
– Web test automation with Codeception
– Codeception Advanced New
– Testing legacy applications
– REST API testing with Codeception
– Full stack testing with Codeception Hot
– Web test automation with CodeceptJS
– CodeceptJS Advanced New
– Web test automation infrastructure