As everything in the world applications become older. However, they still can be profitable and reliable. Such applications especially need testing, even if they are planned for a refactoring. Stability and predictability of an application can be obtained only by writing tests for the most common execution paths. We will start with business expectation first, write characterization tests and then proceed to refactoring. By completing this training students will get confidence to perform heavy changes in application.
– Testing styles: blackbox and whitebox testing
– Different testing levels: unit / integration / functional
– Business specification to drive a test
– Testing domain logic
– Describing business expectations
– Acceptance tests with PhpBrowser module
– Testing forms and validation rule
Integration & Unit Testing
– Testing business logic
– Writing testable code
– Test Driven Development (TDD)
– Managing test dependencies
– Mocks and stubs
– Cyclomatic complexity and unit tests
– Collecting code coverage
– How to prioritize tests in legacy applications
– Optimizing test execution
– Extending Codeception
We expect experience PHP developers, middle & senior levels.
– PHP 7.x
– JetBrains PhpStorm or Netbeans as IDE
Our company works according to the principle of individual approach to every client. This method lets us to get success in problems of all levels.
Based on a legacy application provided by client
Codeception founder and tech consultant.
Michael works for Codeception, CodeceptJS and other open-source projects aimed to automate testing and make testing easy and fun. By developing his product he gathered experience from wide range of companies and individuals who are using Codeception.
He always tries to show the wider picture of testing. He believes that tests should be easy to read, write, and maintain.
Michael is also a frequent speaker at PHP (Dutch PHP, PHP Benelux, …) and Test Automation conferences.
10% discount for groups of 8 people or more
Within one week after the application you will receive a confirmation email only if you are admitted. A maximum of 12 participants will be accepted.
If you need to get in touch with us, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on facebook for more updates and details. SDClabs accomplished 30+ projects and accumulated a lot of niche expertise and knowledge. We are ready to share our experience to help you achieve more. Currently we are working on new test automation and devops courses. Soon it will be available here as separate pages. Meanwhile you can contact us if you want to get these trainings:
Check out awesome courses
Let us help you take development and test automation further. We offer a number of trainings that can help you and your organization get the most out of our enterprise support. Request a quote at email@example.com
– Agile testing
– Test automation introduction
– Unit testing with Codeception Bestseller
– Web test automation with Codeception
– Codeception Advanced New
– Testing legacy applications
– REST API testing with Codeception
– Full stack testing with Codeception Hot
– Web test automation with CodeceptJS
– CodeceptJS Advanced New
– Web test automation infrastructure