This is general testing training for PHP developers. It gives an in-depth overview of different testing practices and levels of test automation. Students will learn how to implement tests depending on application requirements. This training includes browser-based acceptance tests, framework-based functional tests, unit tests, and integration tests. But before determining how to test an application, it must be discovered what is important to test. By writing down specifications and turning them into BDD tests, students will learn to write tests effectively and separate specifications from implementation.
– Planning: from general rules to critical details and edge cases
Web UI Testing
– Selenium and other testing tools
– Writing web tests using Codeception testing framework
– Locating elements on a web page
– Waiting for elements to appear
– Extending Codeception to handle complex components
– Refactoring tests with PageObjects
– Limitations of Selenium
– Managing Test Data
– Simultaneous execution of tests
Unit & Integration Testing
– Using TDD to design code by tests
– Cyclomatic complexity and unit tests
– Testable architecture and refactoring
– Business logic testing with integration tests
– Managing data in integration tests
Functional and API Testing
– How functional tests work
– How to deal with framework internals
– Using database connection for data management
– Testing REST APIs
We expect experience PHP developers, middle & senior levels.
– PHP 7.x
– JetBrains PhpStorm or Netbeans as IDE
Our company works according to the principle of individual approach to every client. This method lets us get success in problems of all levels.
– Characterization tests for legacy applications using PhpBrowser module
– Acceptance tests for Laravel-Vue application with WebDriver module
– Writing BDD feature files
– Create unit test using TDD approach
– Building unit and integration tests for user registration
– Implementing integration tests for a real application
– Functional tests for Laravel-based application
– REST API functional tests for Laravel-based application
Codeception founder and tech consultant.
Michael works for Codeception, CodeceptJS, and other open-source projects aimed to automate testing and make it easy and fun. By developing this product, he gathered experience from a wide range of companies and individuals who use Codeception.
He always tries to show the complete picture of testing. He believes that tests should be easy to read, write, and maintain.
Michael is also a frequent speaker at PHP (Dutch PHP, PHP Benelux, …) and Test Automation conferences.
10% discount for groups of 8 people or more
Within one week after the application you will receive a confirmation email only if you are admitted. A maximum of 12 participants will be accepted.
If you would like to get in touch with us, send a note to email@example.com or follow us on Facebook for more updates and details. SDClabs accomplished 30+ projects and got a lot of niche expertise and knowledge. We are ready to share our experience to help you achieve more. Currently, we are working on test automation and DevOps courses. Soon they will be available on separate pages. Meanwhile, you can contact us if you want to start training:
Check out awesome courses
Let us help you take development and test automation further. We offer a number of trainings that can help you and your organization get the most out of our enterprise support. Request a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Agile testing
– Test automation introduction
– Unit testing with Codeception Bestseller
– Web test automation with Codeception
– Codeception Advanced New
– Testing legacy applications
– REST API testing with Codeception
– Full stack testing with Codeception Hot
– Web test automation with CodeceptJS
– CodeceptJS Advanced New
– Web test automation infrastructure